Brenin started as a detention officer in 2008, worked for a municipality, state certified K9 handler, active Law Enforcement, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt under Francisco "Toco" Albuquerque Carlson Gracie linage, and spends his free time teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to law enforcement officers. He understands the responsibilities that come with both his position as a law enforcement officer and Jiu-Jitsu coach. He brings prior law enforcement experience from other agencies, while continuing to learn from his fellow officers. He values the camaraderie amongst his peers and the opportunity to exchange personal and professional experiences with colleagues and students. Currently, Brenin is working to expand his reach by continuing to offer Jiu-Jitsu classes to law enforcement officers throughout the Jacksonville, FL area, and nationwide.
Here are some of the benefits of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for law enforcement officers:
- Increased self-defense skills: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling-based martial art that teaches officers how to control and subdue suspects without using excessive force. This can be a valuable skill for officers who are faced with dangerous situations.
- Improved physical fitness: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a physically demanding martial art that can help officers improve their strength, endurance, and flexibility. This can help officers to perform their duties more effectively and to stay safe in dangerous situations.
- Increased confidence: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can help officers to develop a sense of confidence in their abilities. This can be helpful in stressful situations, such as when officers are faced with a dangerous suspect.
- Improved teamwork: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a team sport that can help officers to develop teamwork skills. This can be helpful in situations where officers need to work together to subdue a suspect.
- Reduced stress: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be a great way for officers to relieve stress. The physical activity and the camaraderie of training can help officers to relax and de-stress.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a valuable tool for law enforcement officers. It can help officers to improve their self-defense skills, physical fitness, confidence, teamwork, and stress levels.