Brenin began his law enforcement career as a detention officer in 2008. Over the years, he has served with distinction in various roles, including positions within municipal department and as a state certified K9 handler. Currently, he is an active Law Enforcement and a part-time Specialized Instructor at a community college Public Safety Training Center. In addition to his enforcement roles, Brenin is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, trained under the esteemed Francisco "Toco" Albuquerque of the Carlson Gracie lineage.
Brenin is also recognized as a trainer for law enforcement personnel, having provided instruction at some of the most renowned federal and state agencies. He brings a wealth of experience from previous assignments and remains committed to continuous learning, both from his own experiences and those of his colleagues. His dedication to his role is evident in his understanding of the profound responsibilities associated with both his position as an officer and as an instructor.
Here are some of the benefits of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for law enforcement officers:
- Increased self-defense skills: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling-based martial art that teaches officers how to control and subdue suspects without using excessive force. This can be a valuable skill for officers who are faced with dangerous situations.
- Improved physical fitness: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a physically demanding martial art that can help officers improve their strength, endurance, and flexibility. This can help officers to perform their duties more effectively and to stay safe in dangerous situations.
- Increased confidence: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can help officers to develop a sense of confidence in their abilities. This can be helpful in stressful situations, such as when officers are faced with a dangerous suspect.
- Improved teamwork: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a team sport that can help officers to develop teamwork skills. This can be helpful in situations where officers need to work together to subdue a suspect.
- Reduced stress: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be a great way for officers to relieve stress. The physical activity and the camaraderie of training can help officers to relax and de-stress.
"Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a valuable tool for law enforcement officers. It can help officers to improve their self-defense skills, physical fitness, confidence, teamwork, and stress levels."